February 26, 2012

Trifextra -- Weekend Five

I'm back! After a brief and very necessary hiatus, I've recovered and am in top shape. Okay, maybe middling -- why aim too high?! Regardless I've once again pleasantly surprised myself.

This week's Trifextra challenge was to write a story in 33 words to match the picture I've posted below. Give it a go! Come play with us, and link up when you do ...

************
Credit: Meghan McCabe

“See that little hole there?”
“Uh huh.”
“That’s where I hid it. I swear that’s where I put the diamond, right in that hinge.”
“Well it isn’t there now. So? Who found it?”

************

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the Trifecta Challenge this weekend, Karen. I love your dialogue here--"Uh huh." It's not funny until you're counting words, and then it's hilarious. I also love the questions you've left us with--where the HELL is the diamond? :-) Nice contrast between this post and our skull-proposal one. Hope to see you back on Monday for the weekday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much fun. I know I told you this before, but I really like these mini weekend ones. I should do them earlier, mind you. But procrastination is an art form I have perfected.

      Delete
  2. Ah...and was the diamond intended for her? No wonder she's got that anxious look on her face. nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Actually I saw her as the mastermind and he the bungler. It's hard to make dialogue harsh when you need to include words like Uh and Huh.

      Delete