October 13, 2012

Trifecta Weekend Thirty Seven -- On the Count of Three ...

You know how life can steal your breath away? Sometimes it's thrilling, like a super passionate and unexpected kiss and your stomach drops and you feel so light that you could soar away. But other times it's more like the wind is pummeled clean out of you and you have to struggle just to pull in that next breath and sort out which way is up.

That is what happened to me this year, and I feel like I'm just peeking out from under my turtle's shell now. Sure, occasionally I've peeked at your blogs to see how you are, but rarely have I been able to summon up the confidence or ... something ... to comment. I can't lie, sometimes I even type stuff up only to delete it and slink away.

I figured one way I can ease back into some good old muttering, if only for this (temporarily bedridden) moment, would be to Trifecta (trifecticate?).

While I've missed the camaraderie, I have not been able to read any of the often inspiring, thrilling and hilarious work that is posted twice weekly at Trifecta for forever, triste, but I'm trying to just be okay with this strange place I'm in.

I'd love to say I'm back, and better than ever, but instead I think I'm okay to say I'm popping by today with only the best of intentions to write a piece and check out everyone's work once I post this, and maybe, just maybe to hobble back again midweek.

I'm not giving up and going away, but maybe I'm gonna be unreliable for a bit. I can promise nothing better.

And so, without further ado about nothing, this weekend's Trifecta challenge:

 -- 33 words of my own, building upon but not counting "On the count of three ..."

**************************************

Bang!

Shriek!

Shhhhhhhhhh ...

Okay. Stop it! ... Any moment now ... Hank, ready to light the sparklers?


Bang!

Shrieeeek!

You guys! ... Shuuuuushhhh!

I hear a car ... it’s slowing ...

They’re coming up the walk ... the stairs ...


On the count of three ...


**************************************

16 comments:

  1. This brings back memories. Lots of them. Some bad, some REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting ... I'm glad a really good one (or more?) as well as the bad. Man, the triggers these days, eh? What is it with this year!

      Delete
  2. No pressure, no guilt necessary. Just glad to see you whenever you're ready to be seen.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, I haven't felt any from anyone other than myself. Mostly I've just missed it ...

      Delete
  3. Glad you stepped out and wrote a Trifecta response this week. This one made me chuckle. I'm thinking "run!" (or hide :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janna. I'm glad to be here, and I'm really glad to make you chuckle. I have a love/hate relationship with surprise parties. I think most people do ...

      Delete
  4. This reminds of when I set a field on fire in the second grade. This was not a totally great memory but I can sense the fun your characters are having! Nice job. Welcome back although I'm still a newbie around here. One day at a time is the only way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the organiser is annoyed ... you know the type, the person who's counted the balloons to make sure there are some symbolic amount, and now it is *ruined* by the stoners ... heh ...

      And yes. One day at a time, one story at a time, one moment at a time. I look forward to reading more of your stuff ...

      Delete
  5. Love it! I can imagine what they did next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra. I am hoping they ribbed each other a bit and that the couple was really really surprised and pleased. =)

      Delete
  6. I was happy to see your post pop up. As for writing a comment and then deleting it without sharing - I know that all too well. Hugs.

    This makes me think of late nights spent sneaking out to light fireworks with my friends in middle school. Good memories - although as an adult I feel a little shocked that we got away with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracie! Thanks, I'm glad to have finally produced one. I'll pm you why I actually could ...

      Fireworks lighting sounds like naughty fun. I don't know if you know this, but this is fireworks season for us ... especially Halloween night, which might not have as big of fireworks as the 4th July in the US, but is everywhere ...

      Delete
  7. Awww...good times. But not at my house. Had no fun as a kid. Not any at all. At least, that is what my lawyer told me to say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh ... I think that's what my therapist told me I said. Hrms, I wonder why your lawyer would TELL you to say something like that ... hrms ... please elaborate.

      Delete
  8. haha, i enjoyed this piece. i especially like how you added the sound effects. made me feel like i was sitting in wait to make the attack on the good ol' fourth of july.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh ... that's cool. Did you know that in Canada we all buy and light fireworks for Halloween? It is the only time of year that we are "allowed" to do it, you know, just on our street corners and stuff. I loved the sparklers at Halloween!

      Thanks Renada!

      Delete